TUG gives services to 17 national universities and research institutes, with a potential number of researchers reaching at about 300.
On the other hand TUG is always open to international collaborations.
In fact there are some active collaborations which are going on at present. Some of these collaborations are project based that is they will end when project is finished. Some of them are between institutes meaning they will continue as long as bilateral agrements last.
- Space Research Institute -IKI Moscow, Russia,
- Kazan Federal University, Russia
- Okayama Astrophysics Observatory, Japan,
- Max Planck Für Astrophysik, Garching, Münich, Germany,
- Michigan State University, USA.
- GAIA Satellite mission, ESA, Europe.